Access to a range of N°. 1 European expertise on algae for the food industry.
Since 2014, the Sensalg’ programme, labelled by Valorial, characterises and evaluates the capability of algae to undergo transformations in the view of their inclusion in the food sector.
Today, Sensalg’ is keeping the momentum and is now opening up to new partners. Are you a private company in the agro-industrial business? Do you have the feeling that algae can contribute to the development of your activity? Do you wish to connect to development and innovation opportunities? Join our network:
Area of expertise
The collaborative project Sensalg’ involves scientific expertise from several technological centres in order to meet the ambitions of a growing number of companies, of all sizes (SME, ETi and large groups) in the agro-food sector.
- Agro-food industries, products, ingredients, processes
- Quality of products and nutrition
- Biotechnology, active compounds and food supplements
- Marketing authorization and distribution network within the Food industry.
- Formulation, ingredient function, food preparation, cooking, production and preservation processes
- Packaging design
- Microbiological analyses and molecular marking
- Food quality and security
- Quality of aquaculture-based products, sourcing and production of micro-algae and seaweed
- Edible algae: first and second transformation, preservation, formulation and product development, regulation and standardisation
- Physico-chemical characterization of algae and their derivatives;
- Bioactive extracts, Biotechnology, plant chemistry and bio-based products;
- Environment, coastline and biodiversity.
- Formulation and development of food products, PAI, ingredients and active substances;
- Promotion of food products and co-products;
- Preparation, transformation, preservation and packaging processes including smoking, dosing, moulding, cooking, mixing, etc.
- Fractionation, extraction, concentration, filtration, drying, grinding and mixing of powders, characterization of animal and plant-based components;
- Preservation study;
- Technology transfer, scale-up, semi-industrial production
- Plant based production
- New varieties and genetic diversity
- Molecular labelling, genetic fingerprinting and traceability;
- Cell biology and in vitro culture;
- Plant protection, biocontrol, detection and study of pathogens;
- Plant nutrition and biostimulants;
- Sensory and nutritional quality, consumer preferences
- Health & Nutrition, welfare and animal production;
- Clinical and zootechnical studies for preventive or therapeutic solutions, conventional or alternative;
- Design, development and characterization of composite materials.
- Analyse user practices and needs;
- Generate ideas, prototyping, kitchen and restaurant tests;
- Culinary communication around innovation.